Setting up a WordPress site/blog is made sooooo DAMN HARD by TOONNNNEESS of people to try and make more money from you. No surprise there then!
I really wanted to set up a blog (and learn how to make a WordPress site) but I was NOT about to spend £50 quid on a 650 page book to show me how to do it.
So instead, I scoured the web, almost burnt out YouTube and scrolled through WordPress til’ my brain actually started to hurt!
The result? (after a few minor technicalities) is this fully-functioning, up and running, pretty-cool-even-if-i-say-so-myself blog.
Being the good friend (and fellow killing-myself-with-all-this-new-internet-stuff) I’m gonna show you the REALLY DAMN EASY way to do it from scratch.
1. Go to http://www.wordpress.org and download their latest version of the WordPress Software.
2. Find it on your desktop and right click “extract all” to unzip the file and put it on your desktop (you may wish to save it again into a different folder to make it easy to find again later e.g. set up a “WordPress” folder and re-save the unzipped folder into there)
3. Register your domain name (this is the name you want people to search for to find you on the web e.g. www.thisisme.co.uk) I personally recommend Go Daddy because its simple, easy and one of the biggest registrars on the web! Take note of every account detail you can (passwords, usernames, URL’s etc)
4. Get some hosting (basically a place to store and edit your website account) for your site. I suggest Go Daddy too just to keep it simple and all in one place. Again, take note of every account detail you can (passwords, usernames, URL’s, hosting sitename etc)
5. Download an FTP program (software to allow you to send the WordPress Software to your
Continue Reading >>